Friday 18 June 2010

Keys, Tears & The Fear I've Forgotten Something


     Last Friday, I handed my keys over to the staff at Singer Hall. I slipped them into an envelope and handed them over to a friendly woman who wished me a nice summer as I walked out of that officey area for the last time. Or maybe the last time. It depends how sentimental I get next year, or if I ever need a place to crash, literally, near campus.

     It was sad. I didn't want to leave "my" room, or come to terms with the fact I could no longer get in there, despite the fact I had to pay rent for July, despite the last term of uni ending in the beginning of June. Yeah, I think they should better hide their money grabbing schemes too.

     Anyway, I've had a lot of paranoia since then. Little bouts of panic attacks where I wonder if I forgot to be all three keys in the envelope, or if I forgot something that belongs to me in there, or if I didn't clean the room properly and will get fined £300 for it.

    I'll relax soon enough. Maybe in September, or October, or November ... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment