Sunday 5 September 2010

Why You Should Never Travel With Me

Today confirmed my deepest fear. I hadn't wanted to confront it. I wanted to ignore it. I tried to ignore it. But to no avail. 

I am cursed when it comes to travelling. Or more specifically, when it comes to trains. 

You've heard my story about when my train was cancelled  Well, it happened again. Therefore, it is not a coincidence. Therefore, I am a magnet for trouble. Therefore, I will end up repelling would-be travel buddies. And I really want a travel buddy. Travelling is lonely and overrated ... and irritating. 

And annoying. I even prayed to someone, anyone, to make today the day that everything ran smoothly, because it's been so long since I had a smooth train ride. But clearly Fate likes to laugh in my face, because no sooner had I gotten to the station, had I discovered my train was cancelled.

Why?

Power failure at the station I needed to go to leaving me in exactly the same predicament as before. 

So please, tell me why trains, or the Train Gods, hate me so much?

1 comments:

KayBeth said...

And there was Nickelback where we were separated because you hesitated to jump on the train XD

Post a Comment